Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Ah, I see, a "tu quoque" argument.

If you had read the whole thread, you would have found that it is not possible to prove the null hypothesis.

E-stat
"I still await a single report of any findings to support the "all cables sound the same notion" using equipment better than a mid-fi receiver and bookshelf speakers."

You have evidently given up trying to show that there are audible differences between audio cables, which would mean providing evidence to reject the null hypothesis. You then you try to suggest mtrycrafts should prove a null hypothesis, to provide reports for something it is impossible to establish. There is no burden of proof to establish something does not exist, the problem is to show that they do. So not only have you tried a "tu quoque" argument (which is irrelevant to the audio questions), but you have failed to provide true one.

The real problem is to find reports which establish that there are audible differences between speaker wires -- and and of course, DBTs have found audible differences if the differences in resistance are great enough to audibly affect the frequency response into a speaker load. And you have consistently refused to figure out how much that difference would be.

Now, if you had bothered to read the sophisticated discussion in the whole thread, you would find that one can not establish that two things sound the same--which is the null hypothesis. There is no burden of proof to establish something it is impossible to establish.

Yet you are silly enough to ask the mtrycrafts provide evidence to support a negative hypothesis *YOU* have laid out! The problem is to disprove the null hypothesis. You have still failed to do so. You haven't come up with any studies. Mtrycrafts and Richard Greene have at least looked for them.

mtrycrafts ----- 100%

E-stat ---------- 0%
-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

Edits: 10/15/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.