Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: I agree - but it works both ways.

>Presto - "Well, some DBT proponents are out to prove that all audio equipment sounds the same, in which case they are entitled to their labcoats and $100 best buy stereo systems."<

>>Pat D - So, who are those people? I can't think of anyone here who is "out to prove" any such thing. Of course, some attribute that sort of motivation to those they disagree with . . .<<

Take a look at some of Andy19191's old posts. He's commented on more than one occasion that if any new component in his system was changed and he heard a difference, he would assume that component was broken. To him, everything sounds the same.

Now he's probably not out to "prove" this. I think, for him, it's already been proven.

In general, to those who claim they don't believe everything sounds the same, I'd ask them to compare amps from Krell vs Ayre amps, or any other brand they care to mention (solid state) or any two cables from any two brands. If we drill down far enough, they'll ultimately in effect claim that everything sounds the same. I think we can dispense with the usual disclaimers of wire gauge, amps operating within their limits, etc etc.

Care to try it? Have you ever heard any differences between two solid state amps that weren't driven to clipping or otherwise operating outside their limits, either because of the amp itself or its ability to power a certain speaker?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.