Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

You have made a number of interesting posts

in this thread.

Don't know if you're worn out by it all. But I did want to thank you for helping me to think about a number of things, as well as bringing some pretty good arguments and reason.

Thanks,

As I mentioned, I used the Halcro/LAMM stuff as an example. As I read it, and I don't know if you agree, - but your definition of ACCURACY has to do with correspondence: like the correspondence theory of truth. (We listen to the trumpet live, then we listen to the trumpet through the audio playback system. The closer the audio system sounds to the real trumpet, the more accurate it is. As I see it, this can never, ever, be objective because human hearing is poor, varies (sometimes widely) from person to person, depends on other things like training, moods, level of distraction, and is by it's very nature, inaccurate).

It's like having several witnesses at a traffic accident each telling a slightly different story through slight variances in their perceptions: (like getting the color of one of the cars slightly wrong because they saw the accident from inside Starbucks).

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.