Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Until everyone agrees on what an objective value is

Nothing to argue with, there, Tony. Data gathering is imperfect. But there is a sizeable gap between what you're saying and the usual, "it's all subjective, you can't prove anything" argument which, upon further discussion, is too often revealed to mean "you can't demonstrate anything, you can't show valid evidence of anything, there is nothing in the world of science and engineering to show that any component might be more accurate than the ones I've chosen." This argument, made by manufacturers, reviewers and users, has resulted in the abandonment of that excellent goal to a sloppy subjectivism that broadly imagines, and then believes, a plethora of audiophile absurdities, many much more widely-adopted than shakti stones and black CD discs.

Proof is evasive. Evolution is a "theory." That doesn't make my mother a monkey. And it doesn't make clipping valves, just to use one common example, more "natural" than a well-designed solid state amp with more headroom than the load will ever require. I don't need proof to understand that is nonsense.

P

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.