Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

You have proven that which is already known

The point is that once no one knew which was which, the differences that they heard went away, that part was a blind test, if you really can't tell which is which or a difference between A and B using only your ears, the differences are very small..

Do you have any interest with pursuing the differences that are found with cabling? Do you honestly think that Wal-Mart zip cord is indistinguishable from Nordost Odin on a superlative system? What is your initial bias?

That part was huge, totally unexpected and humbling for some who were totally "sure" about their cables.

Once you've made the unproven assumption that loading the amplifier with both cables using the box had no effect. Who knows - perhaps the cables tested were no better than zip cord in the test system. BTW, what was the test system? Could others duplicate your test for verification? I use low DC cables because electrostats are more sensitive to both C and L. Others are not.

...but until one removes prior knowledge from the test, one is not measuring what your ears hear but an opinion which encompasses what you know and believe as well.

Do you think this concept is under debate?

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.