Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Theory is great

The one point I drew from reading (and rereading) this is that when a light was present that indicated which cable was in use, the proclamations regarding power cord differences were quite grand.

When the light was disabled, things became far less certain.

It did not appear to me that anything else in the test setup regarding the switching process changed.

I suppose one could have some exotic theory about the effect of the power consumed or emitted by the light impacting the cables but that requires ignoring something that is actually consistently demonstrated in humans - subjective bias. One has to ignore a well established effect and go looking for obscure explanations.

100% spot on.
I would not say there are no differences but rather in order to separate what you want or know from what you hear, a test without knowledge is about the only way to remove the internal input part..
Then, the results, what you hear with ears alone, is what you actually hear as a result of air motion component.

Sure you can do the test wrong or cheat and that is no more informative or accurate than not testing at all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.