Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Question for JC?

...even if they are lying to themselves in believeing that everything sounds the same and such.

I thought people who say they heard cable differences were lying to themselves. Glad to see you have the "correct" version of that story.

Seeing that some hold Dr.O'tool in such high regard concerning DBT's.Did you ever speak to him concerning Cables.Does he hold the beleif that cables do not make a difference or are all the same?

That's Dr. Toole, mister. And yes, he is held in high regard concerning DBTs. The reason he is quoted by people like me is that he has put a tremendous amount of effect into blind testing methods and has recognized that sighted testing is flawed (and has written a paper for AES on this subject).

I have third hand knowledge of his opinion on audio wires and I do hold his opinion slightly above others in this matter. Some people assess the value of opinions based on the content of the opinion and some assess based on the credibility of person. I stick mostly with the latter.

Oh, and BTW, he brought in several different speaker wires to his testing lab to make sure that he wasn't missing something by using generic speaker wire, and he wasn't....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.