Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: The Scientific Method

Yes,I made it that far.

A thing to consider is that Audio is one of the most Subjective subjects one can analyise.It is not as clearcut for anyone.Taste plays a most important factor.An example is that I recently bought a few runs of Canare Cable to get me through till I could get something better on the advice from a poster that I confer with weekly.After getting it and listening for a few months I was missing detail in Vocal's to an extent that it was intolerable.I wrote the guy that sold them and told him that they could not be used from my source CDP to Passive Preamp.While they did good from the Amp to Pre(ok!) they absolutely sucked from the source to Pre.He wrote back that I was the first to inform him of the issue.I was not trying to rain on his parade,but it was so apparent that it made me disgusted to listen to them while others really ,supposedly, liked them.Subjective view I guess or they just did not have an ear for good synergy.

As far as the next craze in Audio I guess people are really leaning towards mp3 based systems which are well below the norm for good playback in my estimation.It's a pity to.there is much left to uncover in the audio playback world .

Particular intrest to me is sound reproduction through speaker's.Living in the northeast most of us do not live in spacious palaces like the in the mild weather west or southeast.:-)Small is king here that can fill a room with adequate playback.It's either Mini-Monitors or sleakly designed speaker's and that is why I love the NEAR's in a 3-way.Unobtusive with almost full range sound.Apogees and big ribbons will not work for me and I aim for transparentcy.The NEAR's give it to me in spades.
Now if I can only find that great lowcost SOTA amp!

Have a good Sunday!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.