Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Quick Assessment...

My personal assessment is we are far from being able to claim anything scientific in relation to cables other than personal experiences where one person prefers one cable over another. I'd be willing to bet that this is the way it is going to stay for awhile.

I agree with that. My only comment is that ideally there should be a place at any audio website for each person to discuss issues within the parameters that work for that person. I believe that the Bored is striving to meet that ideal. Hopefully, we Inmates will appreciate and recognize the Bored's efforts and responsibly take advantage of the opportunities that are being provided to meet the needs of as many audiophiles as possible.

With respect to this particular forum (which I never envisioned as necessarily or even preferably limited solely to discussions of cables), we may have a long way to go, but we've got to start somewhere. I'm hoping that, as I alluded to in my initial post, this forum can be dedicated to the fearless and dispassionate search for the truth. I will do what little I can to promote that.

In the meantime, while sonic differences between cables remains, in my opinion "unproven" from a scientific standpoint, given the relative lack of real scientific research and testing in this area, I don't feel as if I'm promoting snake-oil or hocus pocus simply because I may choose to post my subjective impression of various cables I might have subjective experience with at the Cable Asylum.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Quick Assessment... - Phil Tower 16:26:01 11/16/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.