Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I mean RGA's post that you responded to.

I have not heard of a Whipsaw?

As for the differences of Tape VS CD that was largely because several years ago in BC Canada TDK ran one of those booths where if you could tell the difference between their Chrome II tape, recorded from the cd versus the cd in a blind test you would win some sort of prize. Which of course didn't happen. TDK of course has a conflict of interest, so did the UHF magazine (sort of DBT) that indicated the same kind of thing.

I had asked others on other forums to provide support in AES papers etc, that a recorded tape of cd could be distinguished and came up blanks. What I did get provided were several documents that had nothing to do with Tapes. I was provided with a live performance versus LP from the 30s or something where nobody could distinguish the difference.

Like I replied above...I am getting information fromall the wrong places I presume...but if there is incontributable evidence then RCA, APEX, Yorx etc and all the other "so called" low end companies should be marketing the hell out of the TRUTH and save us from buying non value added jewelry. Besides the "so called" lower end products LOOK WAY BETTER. Pioneer has cool blue lights and some stuff has rosewood side panels and piano blaque lacquer facing on their receivers. Compare that to the butt ugly Brystons with tacky looking handles and the Bryston wins hands down.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that when I listened to the two and thought the Bryston had tightened up the bass response dramatically, that I was under a placaebo effect of some sort. Luckily, I have yet to spend that kind of money on equipment - so I can stop before I get caught in a delusion...or was the Bryston better?

Even more frustrated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I mean RGA's post that you responded to. - RGA 14:40:53 11/16/02 (1)
    • Um ... - jj 16:59:07 11/16/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.