Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Not certain what you mean

First of all, I don’t see your question as flippant in any respect. I’m far more concerned that I’ll proceed down the road with a faulty belief or opinion, based on lack of information, faulty information or flawed reasoning, than I am with having my comments challenged or questioned. I’m a lay person with respect to all of this and I’m here to learn, not to teach.

These meaningul results might appear in some publication (perhaps the audiophile equivalent of Consumer Reports) discussing the metodology used in testing and the benefits of the product to the user?

I’m not sure it’s that readily available, but I’m sure that people such as jj certainly have the experience and background necessary to conduct the best possible tests within whatever, if any, limitations currently exist in the state of the art of DBTs.

And by isolating the source of any perception, could one assume that the results might offer either X or Y as valid? (Assuming X and Y have different properties.)

Theoretically, that would seem to me to be the case. However, I would have to leave it to experts, such as jj, to tell me if in fact the particular test was reliable enough to reach that conclusion.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Not certain what you mean - Phil Tower 10:53:43 11/16/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.