Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Boycotts Are For Losers...

After all the cable forum is and should be used for advice for synergy Q's and the like without being muddied up with the whole DBT debate.

Let freedom reign!

Right on!

People who like to talk about freedom of expression often totally ignore freedom of assembly.

But more importantly, freedom of expression and the advancement of knowledge cannot thrive in chaos. If I rent a theater to present performances of “My Fair Lady”, freedom of speech doesn’t permit people to disrupt the performances demanding that the performance be terminated and a discussion of the value of DBTs be held instead. A university would never permit a group of students in a calculus class to demand that class time be set aside to discuss the value of Dickens as a novelist.

There has to be reasonable rules and a certain degree of order to ensure that freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and the advancement of learning and rational discussion all are preserved.

The Bored seems to be doing the best the can to do this. It seems to me that AA offers opportunity for just about anyone to discuss anything they want to about audio, so long as they aren’t abusive, don’t advertise, and respect the specific purpose the Bored has assigned to individual forums in an effort to accommodate all of the diverse interests of the Inmates.

And, of course, in the final analysis, this is a private board, and Rod can run it however he chooses. If he chooses well, many people will visit and post here regularly. If he does a poor job, not many people will hang around. Judging from the numbers, I would say Rod seems to be doing a pretty decent job so far.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Boycotts Are For Losers... - Phil Tower 07:41:21 11/16/02 (1)
    • Amen - psgary 11:28:18 11/16/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.