Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Boycotts Are For Losers...

"With the inclusion of this forum, the Bored is wrongfully segregating technical discussion from the General Board, where it is likley to provide the most benefit and garner the most interaction."

It's "segregated" to enable technical opinion that often gets ridiculed by "non-techies" in a general forum. My only problem is it is restricted to registered users. And the name itself might deter some from posting here because they associate "propellerheads" with "wackos" or "loonies."

"There is already a tweakers forum for the technically minded, and a great deal of expertise and rational discussion is available there."

But tweaks are only a small portion of technical discussion. A DBT discussion, for example, would be off-topic on a "tweakers" forum.

"Excepting john curl and steve eddy, who seem to be eternally committed to schoolboy pissing."

In your opinion... (I'm not sure if you meant "accepting"...)

We don't agree with everybody, and I think the intent of this particular forum is to give "techies" a chance to voice share unabashed opinions, without the potential ridicule on non-technical forums.

"The only purpose of this forum is to remove theoretical discussion that may or may not be beyond the lay person."

I say it would **encourage** such discussion... Someone who tends to be reticent in stating a bold technical observation or opinion on a general forum would be more apt to post it here.

"Its stupid beyond anything the Bored has ever done, and I encourage all of you to think about what the long-term implications are likley to be from this decision."

Can you expound on what those "long-term implications" might be?

"Unlike other new forums, this one will become the dumping ground for any 'technical' topics the other forums dont want, and the playground of the pitiful."

Which I say is a **good** thing!! It may even keep these "unwanted" topics out of the other forums because there is now a place to post such topics. Which is the *root* reason why I say a forum like this one is necessary.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.