Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: A Suggestion Why Some Observations Cannot be Scientifically Verified

##However, as with mathematical proof, the validity of an argument depends upon the initial postulates and herein lies the tank trap in audio argument. Scientifically one should only accept postulates supported by scientific method before advancing further argument. However many arguments are based upon subjective, not objective analysis. To those who support the scientific method this is unacceptable as, from that viewpoint, further discussion is invalid as it is based on, to them, unproven assumptions.##

Absolutely. The problem I see here w/r to skin effect, is that since it has not ben clearly defined and tested (peer review verified), any further analysis is based on a house of cards.

Tank trap? either tubes, or WW2.

Why don't you, I, John Curl, and Jon Risch get into a heated debate over it? That way, I'll have no clue as to who said what?

TTFN, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: A Suggestion Why Some Observations Cannot be Scientifically Verified - John Escallier 15:16:30 11/14/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.