Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: "Luxury aches"

You insist on lifting those two words out of the context - why?

What I said was:

Continuing to trumpet the assumed faults of Ulf here is not just highly unfair but almost unbelievably shortsighted and dumb as well. Anyone with a modicum of multicultural understanding would have seen long ago what the deal was about and stopped it right there. The rest was just nitpicking whose only tangible result will be people voting with their wallets. And I don't think you can expect too much sympathy from Scandinavians for your otherwise most regrettable condition, either; compared to what people go through in let's say Iraq, that's but luxury aches, if I take up some straightshooting of my own.

In other words, expecting Hansen's Scandinavian victim and the friends of this victim to be especially forgiving towards their offender and attacker and not voting with their wallets instead would probably be a bit far-fetched.

The "luxury" part as we see it has to do with the fact that this, after all, is about a glamorous American niche manufacturer of expensive vanity goods from a well-off Boulder, CO, neighborhood who, while attending to his own well-being at his considerable leisure on his specialty bicycle costing the annual salary of the guy from the next country, is injured while rolling down along a scenic route freely chosen for his personal pleasure and enjoyment, and is lucky enough to live to talk about it much thanks to the good insurance policy he has. Come to think of it, it might not sound like the life of the worst sufferer on this Earth, compared to all those innumerous others we read about who are destroyed by mutilations, torture, rapes, murders, diseases, and hunger for example in Iraq. In the big scheme of things, Hansen has been enjoying an elite life until now, and soon enough he'll be back at it again as it seems.

Was it really necessary to spell this out for you?

If I expressed myself awkwardly before and continue to do so even here, shouldn't you, for the sake of consistency, be applauding my manliness and "indelicate" straightshooting instead?

Note that I am not blaming the accident on him in any way, nor belittling the degree of personal suffering and inconvenience involved. On the contrary, I expressed my sympathies (and not just in this quoted passage). More than he's prepared to do with the subjects of his tirades, at any rate (and so on all three accounts).

Have a nice day.

TL

Edits: 09/14/07 09/15/07 09/15/07

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Luxury aches" - tlyyra 09:22:58 09/14/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.