Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You've lost me here, Phil

The context of your original DBT post at the top of this thread was about wires. Now, you tell me that you recognize -- and pay for -- the difference between wires. Why, then, the interest in DBTs for wires, since all that a DBT will ever establish is the existence of a difference -- something that you already acknowledge exists?

I could personally understand someone's interest (because I share it) in the use of DBTs to verify the efficacy of some other tweaks, such as isolation platforms for solid-state electronics, "resonance control devices," demagnetizers for aluminum CDs, etc.

But I have to say, that it appears to me that you're admitting that you launched a thread asking a question that you already know the answer to: Why do people resist using DBTs to establish that differences between wires exist?

The answer is that people resist that for the same reason they would resist conducting a DBT to prove that the sun rises in the East in the morning: it would merely establish the truth of a widely held proposition.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.