Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

windows 10 is blocking audiograbber from recognizing my soundcard

i just downloaded audiograbber (after avast blocked me from being able to do that!) but can't use it for "line in sampling" as i've done on several computers for probably 20 years by now. i'm guessing it's ANOTHER user hostile windows "upgrade", oh, like the one where they blocked access to the mixer in XP so there was no way for me to adjust levels to make cassette dubs with my art external soundcard that gave too hot a signal at even the absolute lowest input, probably because it was designed for mics, but with access to the mixer, i should have been able to stop clipping as the sound from the art wasn't distorting.

audacity can't recognize it either as well as ANOTHER alternative i tried that gave a very similar "no soundcard found" error message DESPITE both my soundcard & headphone outs showing as working properly.

so, how do i get W10 to STFU and let me use audiograbber?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - windows 10 is blocking audiograbber from recognizing my soundcard - thump 11:56:04 12/04/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.