Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: How about tele-conferencing audio vs. visual

In our company we call them AV/Facilities people. The IT people are not in charge of AV including conferencing equipment.

The audio quality is very dependent on the environment and the mic setup for the presenter. Did the presenter have a lapel mic or other mic in front of his face? Or was he using a 'speaker phone' setup in the room?

I participate on remote WebEx presentations & training sessions almost weekly. Audio is integrated in WebEx over the internet, or via a dial-in conference telephone number. The presenter speaks directly into a mic, no 'speaker phone' toys, and it sounds very good. Remote participant audio is muted (until we open it up) so we don't get background noise from everyone on the call.

In our larger auditorium style conference rooms we additionally have mics that hang down from the ceiling so we can more clearly pickup interactions from the audience. These can be turned ON or OFF.

Edits: 11/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.