Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Need some input on soundcards.

Hi James

I´ve worked with Accurate in exactly the fashion you have in mind and I can clearly see your puzzle.
Let´s start with how you would like to output from your notebook :

I presume (and recommend) you transfer data (thats NOT analog sound !) from the USB connection.
You will therefore need a multi-channel AD/DA converter (called an interface) to hook up via USB.
It´s costly and less good to synchronise 3 separate stereo DACs and you cannot work with Accurate if you don´t have a recording facility either.

Once you´ve connected your multi-channel interface it all starts to make better sense.
Your selected audio player software should have a VST plug-in feature to host the Convolver that outputs the different channels (bass, mid & treble) to the Interface.
The VST-Convolver is a small add-on software in the playback engine to which the generated Acourate Filters are routed.

As multi-channel interfaces are not sold through normal HiFi shops, you will have to familiarise yourself with the brands and equipment in the professional studio outlets.
1.000 $ is a tight budget for a proper USB interface, so you might look into used stuff. RME, Lynx, Weiss, Antelope are Brands that appeal to many. Make sure it has ASIO drivers as Accurate requires this.

Kind regards
Leif
Berlin, Germany

Hysolid // Mytek Brooklyn // Spectron Musician III // Analysis Audio Omega

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Need some input on soundcards. - play-mate 23:47:40 11/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.