Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Benchmark Dac 1 USB to Meridian Explorer2

I listen to music while I work in my home office. Much of the time to vinyl LPs. But sometimes I was using premium Spotify from my iMac into a now kind of old Benchmark Dac 1 USB. The sound didn't do much for me.

I finally tried Tidal HiFi and was pleased enough to cancel my Spotify sub after just one day. Before cancelling I did a simple test between the two streaming services and was really surprised how much better Tidal HiFi sounded playing the exact same song in a A/B test.

I've always liked my Benchmark Dac but see that now it's two or three iterations out of "current." Buying the new Dac 2 was a $1999 investment. So, I decided to give one of the new cig lighter sized Dacs a try and went with the Meridian Explorer2. It's only $249 on Amazon.

The Explorer2 sounds great with Tidal HiFi and certainly rivals the elder Benchmark.

If Tidal ever follows through with it's plan to offer MQA I'll be ready for that too.

Who ever thought you could get so much good sound from streaming online music for so little cost. BONUS!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Benchmark Dac 1 USB to Meridian Explorer2 - creativepart 10:18:12 11/15/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.