Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: HEEELP - Ayre QB9 24/96 not recognised by Late 2013 13" Retina MBP

I did try the 2013 MBP with Yosemite originally and when it did not work I upgraded to Sierra in the hope that will fix the problem but it still did not work.

That's really interesting because this -may- point to a hardware issue with your fast 13" MacBook Pro. If the Ayre DAC works with everything else EXCEPT your fast 13" MBP using Yosemite OR Sierra, thats rather odd.

You may want to try plugging in other USB devices just to see if they are recognized in System Report.

If you have another USB DAC (maybe borrowed from your dealer, or take your laptop to your dealer's shop), you can at least try another USB DAC to see if it works or not on this Mac.

Oh and by the way, the original QB-9 24/96 is quite different from the latest QB-9 DSD. They not only incorporated DSD functionality but the PCM section is all new. I'm not sure what it would cost to do the upgrade and how long it will take. Ayre is usually pretty helpful so give them a call or email.

Good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.