Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Making the most of streaming Spotify @ 320kps...?

My limited experience using two good systems is that the limitations of 320 kb/s MP3 remain irrespective of how good the components decoding it are. in fact perhaps it may be better to go for worse rather than better equipment to somehow "mask" the deficiencies.

Nevertheless I have friends who enjoy Spotify Premium with decent audio kit. However their preferred music is of a different genre to mine (jazz compared to classical. It is orchestral string sound that I find "difficult" with MP3).

So, using my friends' experience as your model rather than mine, I suggest dumping the BT receiver and , say, hooking up a little laptop PC (second hand?) via USB or a coax-USB converter to a decent inexpensive DAC (Schiit?).

You don't give us any idea of budget or your physical circumstances. The latter perhaps affecting the number of boxes and connections that you can deal with.

So, if there are limitations to what you can encompass, maybe this device could be better than you are using:

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Making the most of streaming Spotify @ 320kps...? - PAR 02:24:07 11/10/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.