Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I'm buying a 13"

Good to hear that the keyboard feel is decent. I'll have to test drive one myself next time I'm at the mall Apple store.... which is next to the Tesla car store and the Microsoft retail store. It's interesting that Microsoft is trying to emulate Apple with their retail location in the mall. They opened it almost 2 years ago.

My wife is a retired elementary school teacher and we bought her a 13" Retina display MacBook Pro 1 year ago. Her previous Toshiba laptop was at least 6 or 7 years old and very clunky by today's standards.

I'll probably wait until next year to upgrade since I don't NEED a new laptop at the moment. My 2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro is working great and it's still in near mint condition as I use it mostly from home with an external Apple bluetooth keyboard and 22" HP display. It doesn't get dirty or bumped around very much. ;-)

If I upgrade I'll probably look to the higher-end 13" model for work. My company won't pay for it but we have a corporate agreement with Apple for employee discounts since Apple uses a lot of our products for their back-end 'enterprise' infrastructure. We get about 6% off on hardware and 10% on Apple Care.

My company will supply us with brand new Dell or Toshiba Windows laptops but I'm such an Apple fanboy (so I've been told) that I'd rather buy my own. In other words, I'd rather pay for the pleasure of using an Apple laptop than take a free one that runs Windows. ;-) Same for several coworkers in my group.

Edits: 11/07/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I'm buying a 13" - AbeCollins 12:53:02 11/07/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.