Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Dingle, Dangle, Dongle...

The nice thing about the Thunderbolt ports is that you can break them out to multiple displays and a variety of high performance I/O devices making for an outstanding desktop setup. When on the go, you have a slimmer and lighter laptop to lug around. But yes, you will need a dongle for some specific devices until more of them support native Thunderbolt.

Looks like Apple jacked the prices about 12% but you do get anywhere from about 50% - 100% increased performance, the improved Retina display, and that new touch bar thingy. And it weighs less than the previous gen. ;-)

I may upgrade eventually but my 2012 13" MBP (non Retina) still runs like new like the day I got it. My wife's 13" Retina MBP is only a year old.

BTW, you can replace the battery in your MacBook Air for about $100 if you DIY. An independent Apple shop might charge a few bucks more including labor.

Unscrew bottom case cover, remove old battery, install new one. Not so 'evil' of Apple to use internal battery after all.

Edits: 10/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.