Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Roon with HQPlayer integration is pretty simple - pics

You first have to play around with HQPlayer and set it up. Making it work with Roon is very simple. I've run Roon + HQPlayer on my Mac Mini directly out to a DAC. And I have also run Roon + HQPlayer on the Mac Mini to the networked microRendu streamer then out to my DAC. I normally control it all via my iPad Mini.

Roon allows you to choose HQPlayer as an audio device.

You first launch HQPlayer on your computer and choose various combinations of settings for what is most pleasing to your ears. HQPlayer is very versatile in this regard but it's interface for managing music is horrible, IMHO.

With HQPlayer still running, Launch Roon on your computer and in Roon Settings > Audio, you can choose HQPlayer as the audio output device.

So this gives you the best of both worlds. Roon for it's marvelous user interface that you interact with for library management, playlists, and music files, and HQPlayer as the audio player that sits between Roon and your DAC.

With Roon on your iPad you don't see HQPlayer at all. It doesn't appear as an application on your iPad. On your PC/Mac, HQPlayer just sits there hidden behind Roon on your computer screen (or minimized).

Screen shots of Roon are from my iPad Mini but look about the same on your PC/Mac.

Choosing HQPlayer within Roon settings

Edits: 10/24/16 10/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.