Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yes.

I use Dirac for my HT in the form of the minidsp NanoAVR DL. It does a superb job in my theater running at 24/48. It sits between my oppo 103D and my Onkyo receiver.

I also use acourate-built filters in my main hifi system, by inserting them in HQPlayer and Purevinyl. I think both products do a great job of cleaning things up. In my living room where my main system lives, I have several restrictions due to WAF, so the monitors are far too close to the back wall and there is a large paned window to the left of the left speaker. Glass, brick and an opening into the dining room to the right make it a difficult placement. In my opinion the system is now more transparent and even in the bass. I also feel like I got some additional bass boost, probably due to addressing some room modes. The system could be improved with spring bass traps and acoustic damping at reflection points but the music articulation test on Stereophile cd3 is definitely improved.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yes. - PaulN 14:43:10 10/19/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.