Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

1411 Kbps vs 320 Kbps

Happy Friday all,

Hope I'm posting this in the right section. So being a newbie, I just came to the realization last night that my Spotify premium membership's 320 Kbps "extreme" quality is nothing more than high-quality MP3. As such, when I get home tonight I'm going to sign up for the free 30-day trial of Tidal's HiFi Flac streaming service.

I've had my Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus and Dynaudio Excite X14A speakers set up for about a week now, and have yet to hear a high-quality lossless file played on them (just realized this last night too). I realize that some here will likely tell me to try both when I get home tonight and decide for myself, however, I'm curious as to what you all think, and have experienced between the two (I've read all of the opinions I can find online - what a confusing mess).

Given that I have a pretty decent system, do you guys think that a significant quality increase will be had using Tidal's 1411 Kbps service vs Spotify's 320 Kbps service?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - 1411 Kbps vs 320 Kbps - Kody 10:07:03 10/07/16 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.