Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: CAUTION!!!! Download speed waring!!!

I tend to disagree with much of what you said for a few reasons based on personal experience....

First of all, I'm on Comcast/Xfinity and consistently get 180Mbs on downloads and about 24Mbs uploads with their equipment that I rent.

I use the Comcast provided Cable Modem / Wifi Router which also includes four hardwired RJ45 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports (cabled to four rooms in our home) and two RJ11 telephone ports for our telephone service. So it is much more than just a basic cable modem/wifi router and it performs spectacularly well.

Comcast has increased our internet speeds incrementally over the past few years.... in very worthwhile steps. Had I bought my cable modem / router a few years ago, I would have had to upgrade at least three times to handle the increased speeds and QoS for media streaming. With my rented cable modem / wifi router, Comcast has upgraded us three times over the years at no charge. Our current unit also includes an internal battery backup so the phone service continues to work during a power outage.

I'm paying $69/mo for a very reliable 180Mbs on downloads, 24Mbs uploads, and can count on even better w/o having throw away and BUY a new cable modem/router when they upgrade our service again.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.