Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: comparing I2S vs. AES3 with Gustard U12+X12

Beppe,We can all learn from your civility,gentleness and sympathic writing...sorry for the compliments in public!
People who take the time to write about their wordly audio possessions,apparently like the sound of the words-high end.Maybe it gives them the feeling that they possess something of consequence that justifies the financial expense and the investment of time in order to get better sound.Certainly the term high end itself was invented by dealers as a way of separating people from their money.
We discover that sometimes one can get good sound for little money,and sometimes there is no alternative to making a financial effort.
In any case,it is rare to come across the term low end.One does encounter-"mid -fi."If I am not mistaken-lower down the chain would be either South,or downstream or whatever.
I found that placing polycrystal cones under the X12 gave good results in providing a bit more resolution.Only a few dozen hours on it,so it may still get better.If you have a U12,then there might be synergy with the DAC.But ,of course it is worth comparing the USB input of the DAC with using the interface.Is the Melodious better than the U12?In which ways?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.