Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Singzer SU-1 USB Converter

You may not need all the features of the SU-1. From the same company is what Ivan303 posted (Singxer F-1), but you still need to provide some clean 5V power through the USB line to make the most of this investment, so the total cost could be getting pretty close to the SU-1 unless you already have something for cleaning up or replacing the power from the computer.

http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/singxer-f-1-xmos-usb-digital-interface-board-xu208-chip-high-end-u8-upgraded-version.html

I am not an EE, but I remember there are solid technical reasons these boxes and cards can help, besides the actual signal processing performed, these cards may offer superior isolation between your computer and DAC and also there may be benefits to doing the initial USB processing outside the DAC case. Any improvement would depend on the quality of the USB processing that is already built into your DAC. My guess is you can search the web a bit and see if other folks have been using similar devices (sometimes called a DDC) with your DAC with any success.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Singzer SU-1 USB Converter - motberg 02:25:50 09/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.