Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Is Logitech Media Server still required for using a Squeezebox touch?

Updates occur regularly, but rarely on a daily basis. The change log for 7.9 is quite lengthy should you read it.

I'd rather say, they keep the server alive. I'd call it maintenance mode...The server runs rock-stable since years.

That has been my experience for the past seven years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

On these devices a pretty outdated LMS might not be the bleeding edge package.

As an IT developer who understands the challenges, I prefer the stability and refinement of slightly "trailing edge" products. Works seamlessly with the microRendu player which took my system performance up a couple of notches. :)

And make that PC a server.

Agreed. In that regard, I'm kinda old school. I've maintained a desktop computer for over twenty years for both business and pleasure. While I have a business laptop, I prefer the lower cost, expandability and ease of using multiple monitor setups with desktops. Actually, mine lives inside the desk and runs 24/7.

I do, however, have a company laptop that I take upstairs to record vinyl rips using Audacity and an HRT Line Streamer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.