Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks Guys!

I went with the Marantz M-CR611 with the built-in CD player. Originally, I was going to get the lowest priced Yamaha receiver but it doesn't connect to the network wirelessly. So that left the more expensive Yamaha and Marantz units.

Since I'm very familiar with the Marantz sound, I use a SA-11S3 in my main system, I thought it was the safer choice. Also, and this may be a bit silly but I looked at both owner's manuals and found the Marantz more readable.

While G-Squared makes a good point about a CD players lifespan, if the CD player goes bad in a couple of years, I'll just use our DVD player for CD playback. The suggestion by Ross to look at a HT receiver was good too but in the end, I would rather have the built-in CD player then additional amplifier channels or multi-room playback options.

I will say this - the Marantz is compact and very light! It weighs under 8 pounds. It should be here on Wednesday.

Gerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks Guys! - Gerry E. 07:26:55 09/12/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.