Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I think MARANTZ has an all in one receiver that includes a DAC...

Hi Ivan:

Thanks for your reply! Your answer prompted me to look at receivers on Accessories4Less. Now I know that Apple Airplay is my friend. Until now, I wasn't aware that some receivers have Airplay built into them.

The link below shows 4 stereo receivers with built-in Airplay sold by A4L. Three Yamaha units and one Marantz. The Marantz also has a built-in CD player which is a plus. A4L sells a lot of Factory Refurbished components including the four shown in the link. I have had good luck with them before, so that doesn't concern me.

Ivan - You will get a kick out of this. I wasn't having any luck selling my old JE Labs Open Baffles, so that's when I got the idea of building a second system. Since I moved my old speaker drivers to new baffles, I needed divers to replace them.

After considering a number of vintage full-range drivers, I went with the Fane 12-250TC discussed on the Hi-Efficiency Asylum. You responded on that thread with this about the Fane - "Near perfect Fs, Qts and sensitivity, and decent impedance for tube amps."

I can confirm that! I have only had them up and running in my main system for a couple of days but the Fane drivers sound fantastic. It's amazing what you can get for $85 in a full-range driver these days! :-)

Gerry

Edits: 09/07/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.