Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Very cool.... and a warning

If you're not familiar with the workings of Mac OS you will be frustrated initially. After coming off of Windows for more than a decade, I was for several months. And then I saw the beauty of what they did to put a very sophisticated and user friendly desktop / gui on top of UNIX.

If you haven't already here are few things to get you going...

I'm not sure what the default is in recent Mac OS but for many years Apple never used the right mouse button but offered it as an option in mouse settings. You may want to enable it. You can also change the mouse wheel scroll direction. The default direction may seem backwards but I believe they were trying to make it the same as if you were scrolling with your fingers on a tablet (like an iPad).

The other thing you might do is go to Finder > Preferences, then check the boxes to display various items on your desktop like your hard disk, external disk, DVD/CD, etc.

Most settings are under Apple Icon > Settings. Pretty straight forward from here.

To make life simple, if you go to your hard disk (SSD in your case) you'll find all of your Applications in the Applications directory, and a sub-directory called Utilities.

Have fun!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.