Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: microRendu review & snapshots of its internals (the guts) - pics

What you don't see by looking at the board is the intense work that went into the design of that unit. That work took 4 US based engineers about 2 years. We had one US based engineer going through the 3000 page manual of the processor looking for ways to improve things. This is expensive work. The microRendu is our flagship product and we do offer a lower cost solution with the Sonicorbiter SE so you have options.

BTW You should know that part of our R$D we tested all kinds of inexpensive ARM boards. Unfortunately, most of them do not have the features we require to meet our goals even in the lower cost offering. For example: The Pi does not utilize a USB hub and this caused issues with high sample rate playback via USB in our tests.

Anyway, I appreciate that this product is not for you and that there are alternatives. However, your opinion of what the mciroRendu should cost are not based on the realty of the situation.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.