Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: GRAY AREA - Computers & Hard Disks in the listening room - Pictures

Only the largest companies can afford to build their own hardware, especially the motherboard. And by now, they will not attempt to build their own OS

However these companies who can afford to develop their own hardware, will not get their money back if they sell only to the audiophile niche. Or they will be very pricey

They mass market smart phones or video products, as an example you can see here the OPPO motherboard, which is at the core of their knowledge and business. The analog board is a daughter board, connected to the motherboard by a flat cable instead of a PCI connector

By the way, the OPPO BDP103 is fanless, diskless, which at first glance makes it totally acceptable in the listening room

Personnally, I beleive the motto "no hard disks nor computers in the listening room" to result from some confusion between the target and the arrow. The target is to have no noise, nor audible perturbation from the digital source

One arrow is to set the computer in the basement, but there are others ways to make a score

Edits: 08/27/16 08/27/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: GRAY AREA - Computers & Hard Disks in the listening room - Pictures - Lesage 01:07:14 08/27/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.