Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

My CD Player files for unemployment today

I was using my CD player to feed digital to a DAC, but my PC is kicking dirt in it's face right now, so that's the end of the road for it.

I found that using the CD digital out, that coaxial beat optical by a little (I probably have a decent glass optical cable, but an inferior digital cable though, so the difference should maybe be greater.)

I never found much to recommend the PC-USB to DAC performance as it was too edgy compared to the CD player. However, the optical seems to give the right amount of air to the playback to make it enjoyable (I'm sure I tried that combination once before, I think, but maybe something else wasn't optimized).

I'm using Windows Media Player with lossless WMA and it seems very good to me overall, so I'm going to start burning after I listen to what I have already transferred.

I know there is a long way to go to get a whole-house digital library going, but I now know where to start.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - My CD Player files for unemployment today - jedrider 21:42:43 08/25/16 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.