Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: FLAK playback from my computer

I don't think I'm missing anything. I have no desire for metadata. That's why I ripped all my CDs to WAV files. However, the blue button on my Oppo remote control is the random play button. My Oppo displays album covers on my HDTV. I guess it goes out over the internet and brings up album covers and certain limited metadata. I create playlists using my Oppo remote control all the time, but you're right about not doing them on the fly. You're also right about its inability to select genres so I group my music on high capacity USB flash drives the way I want to listen to it. If it brings up the album cover, it also usually brings up the release year.

At any rate, I am perfectly happy with my Oppo BDP-105D, which I use more often for streaming Netflix and watching DVDs than for listening to music. I use my TASCAM DA-3000 DSD recorder for listening to music as often as I use it for recording because I like the sound of its BurrBrown DACs better than the Oppo's Sabre32 DACs. It plays DSD(128) directly from USB flash drives, too. Of course, it also plays PCM and DSD(64), but I now do all my vinyl recording in DSD(128).

I prefer my Oppo. If I preferred a different component, I'd buy it.

Thanks,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: FLAK playback from my computer - John Elison 19:49:57 08/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.