Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: LANRover - Final Thoughts and Review

Thanks for the review.

After reading many of the reviews on the PS Audio website, it appears that on Mac JRiver 21 22 and Roon can be problematic with the LANRover. On the other hand at least two other Mac users say it's working perfectly with Roon+HQPlayer.

Another two users report problems with Windows 10 and JRiver 21. Esoteric ASIO driver appears to be presenting a problem for two users. Another user reports that it works but has collapsed his soundstage. Others report quieter background or less grunge.

Overall, the LANRover setup appears a little finicky, lots of computer reboots, DAC reboots, cable connecting/disconnecting, etc., and very system / software dependent. This is surprising to me. I expected it to be a totally 'transparent' plug n play sort of thing.

After reading through several dozen beta postings, most of them appear to be issues with getting the LANRover to work. A few have actually gotten it to work to the point where they can post an actual review of how it SOUNDS.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.