Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Brilliant marketing !

$499 beats $599 but I think it's a ploy calling it a beta program especially with the requirement that participants post a review on PS Audio's public forum, "for better or worse". Actually, it's pretty smart marketing for those who can see it for what it is.

The device is ready for market. It has been on the market, just not promoted as a device for audiophiles. It's functionality has already been proven by the company PS Audio OEMs the thing from and in the PS Audio YouTube video. 1m 15s into the video clip Paul McGowan says: "It is one of the first products we did not engineer, at all".

Maybe they have to beta test the adhesive used to stick the PS logo on the boxes! Just call it an early bird special. "For a limited time only, just $499." ;-)

But that may not be as effective as selling early units and generating "buzz" under the guise of being a privileged 'beta tester'. Brilliant marketing!

I am not judging the product. Heck, I haven't even heard it. I'm just snickering at the marketing tactics.

Edits: 07/28/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.