Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

basic EQ/bass boost freeware for re-sampling WAVs?

i just acquired a bike trailer and already have a pair of 96dB efficient proel 8" 2 ways that i want to get rolling with soon, but need software to bass boost my WAVs as the speakers sound thin on my xduoo X2 media player through an old receiver. i imagine they will sound even brighter on a class D amp.

eventually, when i complete the system, i'll have 4 x 12" (or 8x12 if i decide to go the DIY fiberglass route) subs biamped, but for now, i'd like to be able to boost the 30Hz range as much as possible for the dance music i intend to play. the EQ for the media player sucks.

i tried downloading "bass treble booster" which was listed as freeware before i linked to it and downloaded it only to find it's $30 payware for a program i'll only be using for a few weeks. i wasn't able to find any freeware through keyword searches.

does anyone know of a freeware program that can do bass boosts simply? i'd like to keep everything in the digital realm for sound quality, but if i have to, i'll just get a recording program (my antivirus blocks me from trying to download audiograbber now since they've added adware to the free version. i'd buy it, but ONLY on a CD i own for life) and resample tracks using winamp's EQ and my soundcard.

i know there's room correction freeware out there, but all i'm looking for is a simple bass boost. i could also do it in audacity, but unfortunately, there's no way to lock an EQ in memory and i think it'd need to be reset after every track conversion. i also don't like the "hard knee" linear way it equalizes instead allowing for curves. i'd like something more bulk conversion friendly.

any heads ups are greatly appreciated.

Edits: 06/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - basic EQ/bass boost freeware for re-sampling WAVs? - thump 02:35:00 06/24/16 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.