Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks, Tony, dB Power Amp is doing it, sort of...

You are doing part of it right. That's the way that I convert a single folder. However, you should also have installed another program called the dBpoweramp Batch Converter. This is what you should use if you have a lot of folders to convert.

I suggest using the batch converter to do a few folders, perhaps four or five, and see how it goes. You want to make sure that all of the tagging works properly and that any file renaming is what you want. Then you can convert the bulk of your files. Next I would figure out an estimate for how long this is going to take. You may want to run it non-stop as a "one click operation" but this might be unwise if it's going to take more than one or two days to finish. It's easy to use the batch converter to do portions of a job, so you can break things up into batches you can do overnight, etc...

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks, Tony, dB Power Amp is doing it, sort of... - Tony Lauck 12:42:50 04/28/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.