Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Something is Wrong Here-No

I'm with Fred on this one. We're both engineers and don't like BS.

I'll try out a cheap tweak for amusement purposes, but I'm not going to spend more than an hour's pay for something that doesn't come with a credible description of what it does and how it works. I wouldn't have the slightest interest in even listening to it in the absence of evidence of some sort. That evidence would have to come from someone who has technical experience of component interaction and system setup and some experience conducting scientific experiments. Without a description of the physical principles behind a device, I wouldn't begin to presume how to even conduct a valid experiment to see if a gadget worked. I have enough experience with listening tests to know how easily they can fool someone.

I were going to investigate some new physical principles embodied in some device that I consider having a low probability of working, I would expect there to be a huge potential payoff involved before I would waste my time on it. (It might make sense to experiment with cold fusion devices, but not some audiophile tweak that has been reported to expand a soundstage beyond the size of an actual concert stage. So what?)

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.