Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Finally Mac Mini Compared

I'm going to stick my neck out on this....

I actually see Bluetooth as taking over from USB. The makers of BT are continuously improving the technology with regards to trasmitting lossless audio, even high rez. Furthermre, from a business stand-point this Computer-audio 'streamers' trend is wide open for implementation of technilogical advances. Cutting wires has always been the mantra for technology, this goes back to wireless phones, wireless remotes and so on...so it is inevitable that digital transmission will be wireless too. To this end, profits [the motivator for all things] will drive BT to fill this need. As we all know, technology moves quickly so I don't think we will have to wait 10 years...

Not only that, but as of this year there are probably nearly 100 variations of streamers on the market that seek to take the place of computers. Its only a matter of time before the ergonomics and features are stream-lined to suit consumers needs, then down come the prices. This will mark the end of Computers as front-ends as we know it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.