OTL Asylum

RE: Beveridge?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ OTL Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Sorry if this goes off-topic once again, but you probably know the answer to this question regarding the built-in woofer amplifier and electronic crossover circuits built onto the Bev 2SW amplifier chassis'. RM was kind enough to supply me with the amplifier schematics for a nominal fee, but I have never been able to obtain a full schematic that includes the crossover. I do understand that the built-in low pass filter part of the crossover is 18db/octave at 100Hz or thereabouts. But what is the slope of the high pass side of the crossover? On the amplifier schematic, a small value capacitor is shown to be in series with the input to the direct drive amplifier. If memory serves, the value is .022uF. This alone could constitute a passive first-order high pass filter in conjuction with the parallel resistance at the amplifier input, but is there upstream circuitry that adds to the slope of the hi-pass filter? My ohmmeter tells me that the upstream side of the .022uF capacitor is not directly connected to the RCA input jack, but beyond that I have never figured it out. Thanks for any info.

In practice, I use a restored Dahlquist electronic crossover for a low pass filter before the solid state amplifier that drives my Transmission Line woofers. I use whatever is built in to the Bev amp chassis for high pass, and I have always had the feeling I could do better, if I knew what was going on in that circuit.

Follow Ups: