Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Darn You, Ralph

I sent my MA-1 Silver Edition mono amps back to you for the MarkIII mod, and all I want to do now is listen to music. Nothing's getting done and I need adhesive remover to unstick me from my chair.

They were great amps before, but now they are special. This afternoon I listened to three pieces in growing order of complexity: all RCA fabulous original classical albums from long ago. Brahms Sextet #1 (Menuhin, 1964); Mozart Piano Concerto #25 (Tchaikovsky - - not a misprint - - pianist; Reiner on Victrola plum); Prokofiev, Symphony #7 (Martinon, from 1959).

Such clarity, such openness, such body, such lack of shrillness, such envelopment. Instruments seemed to be floating in space -- separate but integrated, if that makes sense - - and the increasing complexity of the music was handled with complete aplomb. No sense of congestion at all. The piano sound was particularly captivating. Depth and soundstaging were amazing.

I go to a great many classical concerts every year and this is as close as I have come to reproducing that experience.

Great job, Ralph. But now I need more hours in the day.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Darn You, Ralph - throwback 16:45:39 11/30/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.