Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Source for aluminized mylar

Got it, I will send Roger a note.

There is a guy somewhere in the Midwest that claims , on his website at least, that he can repair the Bev panels. As you know, they are different beast from the other types of ESLs... so who knows. Also there is a Beveridge fanatic in Italy at the "Sound of the Valve" who, if you can read Italian, (google translate is lacking) says that he has perfected the panel repair. He is unresponsive.

Rick Beveridge is a nice guy but I am not sure he is able to do this and based on his situation may never be able to again.

I spoke to Wayne Piquet in Florida earlier this year as I had a set of Quad USA monitor panels into him for repair and he said he would be willing to try to rebuild them... but he has never done it before either.

Wayne's work on the Quad speakers is impeccable. Kent M at electrostatic solutions is unwilling to try.. so if the panels do go it will be interesting to see if they can ever be rebuilt again appropriately. Right now , knock on wood, no need.

AJ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.