Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Thanks Jack, but we disagree on some basics here.

Firstly, I shut down the ASOG forum because, in my judgment based on seeing seven years of my strenuous efforts at a semiconductor company wasted by a CEO who practiced and encouraged the kind of personal attacks that were beginning to appear on the ASOG forum, and have since been allowed to blossom on the AA, no good could come of allowing the attacks to continue.

Just because I am powerless to affect the operations of the Audio Asylum does not mean I have to permit activity I see as counter-productive to Ralph's interests in a forum where I do have influence.

This is not "censorship" in the sense of the word I understand. If I had attempted to delete only the offensive posts on the ASOG forum, then that would have been "censorship" and you would have been correct in blaming me for attempting to color the discussion to my liking. Shutting the forum down was a desperate act.

Secondly, my "diaphanous" comments are terse because I choose to respect the confidentiality of my conversations with Ralph and Mark. I've known both for about ten years, and have benefited greatly from Ralph's genius and Mark's skills. I am not willing to take sides in their dispute. Both of them know this, and (so far) are still willing to continue to talk to me. If you or the other posters want to attack my credibility because I disagree with your opinions, then so be it. I could categorically refute your opinion if I were willing to break confidence, but I'll leave it as a basic statement of disagreement for now.

You and I disagree on the value of the posts attacking Mark and Harry. Whether or not you accept that I have better insight into Mark's thinking, at least consider the perspective of the potential skeptical investor. Anyone wishing to invest in a business venture with Ralph would review all these posts as part of performing "due diligence." They would review the facts with Ralph, Mark, and Harry, and might conclude that they would receive similar treatment if a dispute ever arose. If you had some money to invest with Ralph, how would you proceed?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.