Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Rod, is there a way to pull the posts into an archive here?

Sure. I couldn't pull up ASOG, but I found the Martin Logan site. It looks to be HW Forums which is variant based on the WWWboard code. So, assuming that it's the same and that the messages that I looked at are consistent with the rest, which seems to be a safe bet, then yes. I would just need the message files along with the index and archive indexes.

In fact, when we brought up the mySQL based search, I wrote a program to parse the messages and load the search engine. If I can find that little utility, it should be fairly easy to modify it to convert everything. I guessing it's about a day to find the code, modify it, test it and parse all the files.

However, ASOG is more than just the forum. It also has user systems and some other stuff. With the MUG site, Mart does that work and we just host the forum for him. If Brian or someone wanted to take over the primary site, then we could do the forum.

Another question would be what to do with OTL. Does ASOG become a sub-set of OTL or just a searchable archive?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.