Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Cathode load

First off let me confess my total ignorance with regards to solid state CCS design and theroy.

Now that we have that out of the way I'll try to explain the circuit but I might get the whole gate/drain/source backwards:)

We have two KT90's, triode connected, in push pull with a B+ of 450VDC applied to the output transformer center tap. We will also apply a -12 bias source to the control grids of the KT90's. Each cathode will have a ten ohm resistor with these resistors terminating at the IRF710's drain(?). The source(?) will be connected to ground through a 39R 2 watt resistor. The gate(?) will have a 1K resistor leading to the positive terminal of a nine volt battery and the negative terminal of this battery will be connected to ground.

Hopefully I have explained this well enough for you to get a concept. Any info/opinions you care on this design would be most welcome. Also an educated guess as to actual tube bias (idle) current would be appreciated. Also, if I happen to feel the need to adjust the idle current would it be correct to assume I would increase the value of the 39R resistor slightly?

Thanks in advance,
Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.